Saturday, May 17, 2014

Clearing The Clutter

So, if you read my first post called "Living Simple", you would know that I have been on the road to clearing my clutter filled life for the past 7 months. As a result of having so many things without the proper space or home for them, we had to get a garage space to hold our clutter which is 1) an expense we can't afford and 2) an eye opener to what we have accumulated and not been using.

Here is a look into our garage at the beginning of this year.


As you can see, my husband and I have a ton of plastic storage bins; I counted 42 in all. That was the result of our first attempt to cleaning up our clutter. We packed up whatever was laying around our place and put it in the garage so we could have more space inside our home. Since then, I have slowly made progress in going through everything to determine what to keep, sell and give away/donate. I have given away all that I can of my donation pile and had quite the success in doing so. Now I'm left with my sell pile and bins of stuff to keep. I know I will have more downsizing to do after our upcoming garage sale but at least SLOW process is better than NO progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment