Saturday, May 17, 2014

Living Simple

Living simple is a lifestyle goal that I have been working toward for the past 7 months. I had experienced the simple life for a brief time in late 2011, when my husband returned from a year long deployment and I had moved states to live with him. We had only our needs and a selection of wants that were all being used. 
Looking back, I was a lot more relaxed living this accidental minimalist lifestyle. I had a set morning and night routine that was easy enough to keep things tidy without a load of stress. I loved my mornings, waking up, feeding and watering our dogs, our cat and our plants before making my own breakfast.
Little did I know that this wouldn't last for long. When we returned to our home state to visit, we brought back with us a vehicle jam packed with "STUFF", mostly mine from my life living with my parents. This "stuff" I didn't need. It had no home and therefore it became clutter. More things became more stress, and over the last 3 years, I had brought more and more things into our life that didn't have a home, mostly things that I had taken from my childhood homes and brought into my adult home and life, along with new things as well. 
I'm working toward regaining a simple lifestyle by pairing down, organizing, learning about myself, letting go and living life doing the things that I love. I know living a more minimalist lifestyle will allow me more freedom of the mind and free time in my day to day life. These past 7 months have really been an interesting journey and I still have a long way to go. I'm going to share my journey with you and hopefully there will be something you can take from it that will be helpful to you in your life.



No comments:

Post a Comment