Monday, February 23, 2015

Stress, Anxiety and Seeing the Positives

     Now that I can see all the progress that's been made inside my home and garage, I'm feeling new emotions. I love the openness and relaxed feeling that's becoming a physical sight but mentally I'm overwhelmed by the change. I want our lives to be easier and this to be a positive change. However, I can't help but feel a sense of emptiness, like we worked all this time for nothing because I gave so much of it away. I guess I understand how my husband felt a while ago about it. I also feel surrounded by bins and plastic. I don't want to live my life this way but I don't want to buy any furniture yet either. I don't want to regret any purchases. Ideally, I would love for all of our big furniture to serve multiple purposes to maximize space and usage.
     I'm not done downsizing yet, but so far having clear sight to the things we need and love has helped enrich our lives. The things we need are the things we use all of the time and the things we love are getting more attention and appreciation. We have to take care of everything that we own, that's why they say 'your stuff owns you'! So, having less makes the work load smaller and allows more time for what we love and who we love. We can invest our lives in things that make us happy and to me that's a rich life to live.
     This journey comes with so much insight and emotions. My life is constantly changing but I know change doesn't always have to be a bad thing. We grow, we learn and therefore we change.
Thanks for reading.
     -Danika

No comments:

Post a Comment