Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Project Garage Cleanout Complete!

     As of May 1st, my husband and I finally got rid of our garage rental. This was a huge milestone for me in my downsizing process. Everything is inside our apartment now and surprisingly most of the boxes and random items fit into one closet! It's unsightly but that's why I chose to tuck it away.

     When I first moved everything inside, we had planned on moving our daughter into our room and making her room a storage space. After some thought about it, I desided it probably wouldn't be the best idea with our crazy work schedules; So she stayed in her room. We still made her room the main storage space so we had an unloading zone and it took up half her room! I didn't want it to stay that way for long because it completely blocked the window and gave her no room to play; Plus it was not pleasant to look at. So that's when I moved everything around and fit everthing except our bins into her closet. It took up most of my day to rearrange everything but It looks so much better than before. I decided that it would look nicer having our bins exposed instead because they are uniform and organized at least. So I made one wall a stackout of our bins and the room looks great for the purposes it serves.

     As for my next project, I have less than a week to round up as many items as I can to get rid of at our annual community garage sale. Anything that goes out will not be coming back in. That's the best part! I've already filled 7 bins of stuff to part with and I have a few more areas around our place to go through. I want to make sure to part with anything that's sitting around doing nothing but acting as clutter.

     In other news, I recently purchased a whole bedroom set of vintage furniture for a steal! I was a little hesitant at first because we had already gotten used to living without bedroom furniture but the real wood will last far more years than then what we had before and now we have a place to put our pants and undergarments that lost their home when we purged our furniture last time. I'm actually super happy about the purchase I made. It completes our room and our room has remained clean and presentable for the first time in years. I actually leave the door open sometimes now.

     Anyway, not sure what the next journey will be but I'll fill you in when I figure it out.
     -Danika

No comments:

Post a Comment